Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Gallery: Pride

I'm not the photographer of the family. My dad is. In my younger years, he could always be found cleaning his camera, and he takes beautiful pictures. He still does but less frequently now. However, he is retiring at the end of the year and plans on taking it up again. for his birthday, we offered him a gadget that converts slides and negatives and transfers them onto your PC. That should keep him occupied for a bit since he has more than 1000 pictures to transfer. Some I will be delighted to see again, some probably not so much.


But anyway, today I have decided to take part in The Gallery. Tara at Sticky Fingers started this 8 weeks ago, challenging all of us to put pictures on our blogs following her prompts. This week is: 7 deadly sins. Up to a few hours ago, I didn't even consider taking part. But now I do. This morning, I have decided to try and bake some bread for the very first time. Don't ask me why. It's one of those things. I get an idea in my head and I have to do it. So I tried. So right on queue, comes the bit that links it to The Gallery. I am really proud of myself. My first ever attempt at bread, not only looks passably correct, but it also tastes lovely too. It even got the approval of Noelie who went for a second bit! So, even though Pride is a deadly sin, I will enjoy that feeling of Pride and probably a bit of Gluttony too, while I eat my home made bread!

Disqus for Foodie Mummy