Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Living in chaos.

We are living in complete chaos at the moment. I have started packing for our move (next week!!!) and honestly, it can't come fast enough now. I have come to dislike greatly that state of limbo we are living in. There are still quite a few days to go so there are a number of things that can't be packed just yet (why can't we just live of fresh air and naked for a week!). Whatever has been packed already has just left a sense of emptiness where it used to belong. Empty bookshelves are staring back at me. Wires that used to be hidden by boxes and other various storage units are now exposed, very much to Noelie's delight and curiosity. And still despite that feeling of emptiness, it also feels like chaos, everything else is out and scattered everywhere. Boxes and bags are piling up, cluttering every bit of the already small space we have. We are stumbling over boxes and bags in the hallway, in the bedrooms, in the kitchen. There are so many things that can't be packed still that it leaves me with a feeling of uselessness. I'm just staring at what's left and can't seem to realize how much I have done already. I'm getting overwhelmed by how much there is still to do. I try and take it a day at the time and pack a room at a time, but there is still so much that I have to live in situ because we still have a week to go. Maybe it's because we are already shifting some of our belongings to Mr Foodie's mum and dad's that I can't seem to realize that I did pack quite a lot already. It feels like I'm not packing enough and that we will never be ready and yet, in a quite ironic way, I can't get myself to take down all our ornaments and pictures hanging from the wall because I don't want to aggravate that feeling of limbo, strange, hey?


 Marie is very excited and is counting the days too. We registered her in her new school last week and she came with us and met the Principal. It is going to be quite a change for her. She is moving from a 300+ pupils school with class sizes between 28 and 30 to a 120 odd pupils one and a class of 19. From an education point of view, it is going to be much better, should she need extra help. The school is also being renovated and a whole new part of the school is due to open in September, with state of the art white boards, projectors, laptop and wireless mouse in every classroom. She is also delighted that she will be wearing a dress or skirt to school, a proper uniform rather than the not so nice blue tracksuit that she gets to wear everyday in her current school.
 
The next couple of weeks are going to be so so so busy. There are changes of address forms to fill in here and there, contracts to cancel and contracts to set up with such and such provider. Van rental to organize, Plans of actions to decide (Mr Foodie loves his POAs). Lists to make. More boxes and bags to pack. All that on top of normal 'duties' and appointments. And what am I doing? Well I'm sitting here blogging! Why, because it helps me put things in perspective. But somebody please come out of the screen and give me a good kick!

Disqus for Foodie Mummy