Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

I'm a grumposaurus!

Mr Foodie likes to call me a grumposaurus which never fails to have Marie in stitches. It is a yet undiscovered species of ancient (he likes to call me ancient since he is a year and bits younger than me) dinosaur. It's main characteristic: It's grumpy. And I've just been tagged by the lovely Jen over at the King and I to list 7 things that make me grumpy. Only 7 things, I could write a list as long as my arm (if not longer!). But here they are in no particular order (although the first one would be tops!)

  1. Mr Foodie's wind problem. I'm sure he has enough wind to open a wind farm and power a small village in China (at least 1 million people). It's the first thing he does in the morning and the last thing he does at night. Noise, smell, and the accompanying faces he pulls have the power to make me very grumpy. I find it quite rude. He finds it funny. If I'm a grumposaurus, he's a fartosaurus.
  2. Being hungry: I get very very grumpy when I'm hungry. If I don't eat, my brain doesn't function and I can't make any decision or think about anything else but my stomach and its need for food which makes me even grumpier.
  3. Over multi-tasking: My name is not Kali. I do not have 10 arms and 10 legs. I also still haven't found a way to clone myself to be in 4 rooms at the same time.
  4. Inconsiderate and selfish people. Not putting your indicator on, getting off the elevator and not moving out of the way, not getting out of the way in the street when you are faced with a buggy, watching TV too loud etc does make you inconsiderate. You are not alone in the world!
  5. Racism/Intolerance. 'I'm not racist but...' If you start your sentence that way, you are more than likely about to make a racist comment and you know it. If so, I don't want to hear it. We are all the same. We are all human beings. Being black, yellow, red, blue or purple, Jewish, Muslim, Catholic or atheist, gay or straight, special needs or neurotypical does not make a difference. We are all people. Get over it!  
  6. Mornings. When I was in school, my dad used to drive me to the bus stop. We had figured out a system (involving who used which room when) that would allow me not to see anybody until I got into the car  (a good 45 minutes after getting up). That's how grumpy I am! Mr Foodie is a morning person, I'm not. Him singing the Bee Gees at 5.45 am gets me even grumpier.
  7. All the Vicky Pollard of this world screwing the system. Why should I pretend that I am a single mother in order to get what should be rightfully mine just because their sole purpose in life is to make babies and cash in social welfare! There are too many people now who have worked all their life and really need the help for anybody to tolerate that kind of attitude!
But really I'm not that big of a grump. There are just things that get to me. And the main thing: I can't remain grumpy for long. So now, it's time to tag 7 well deserving bloggers. Let's see what gets the following bloggers grumpy!

Disqus for Foodie Mummy